Marvel is in the process of going around the world and showing fans a selection of footage from Avengers: Infinity War, but fans in China are pretty upset over how their event is going to be handled.
Their special event takes place on April 19th, but according to Gavin Feng on Twitter, fans are raging over how much their Fan Event has been messed up compared to others. Here’s a summary of what’s wrong with it:
- The Chinese sponsor of the event limited the red carpet to just thirty minutes. In comparison, the Korea event had an hour and a half for the red carpet.
- Most of the tickets are being held by big Chinese companies and celebrity’s studios. Marvel fan groups only received nine tickets total.
- Both the red carpet and footage screening take place at the same time, which means fans can’t attend both.
- Robert Downey Jr., Tom Holland, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, and Mark Ruffalo are said to appear there, but they’ll only be on stage and not at the red carpet. Instead some big Chinese celebrities invited by the sponsor will be the main event.
- Those celebrities have the most tickets, so the Infinity War footage will be watched by their fans instead of Marvel fans.
Since the fans of those celebrities aren’t familiar with the Marvel concept of not spoiling stuff, there is a worry among Marvel fans that the footage will quickly leak online after the fan event.