Last week Marvel began their Avengers: Infinity War fan events with a screening in Brazil, and I posted some information about what the footage showed. Now that more people have been able to see that footage through screenings in the UK (and one is coming up in Korea now) there’s some more detail out about what happens in the footage. Again, these are not major spoilers as the footage is within the first half hour of Infinity War and a lot has been seen in trailers.
- As seen in the first teaser trailer, Tony does have the flip phone in this scene that Steve gave him. He was in the process of calling for help when Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian’s ship appears over New York.
- Prior to that, Strange and Wong are explaining the Infinity Stones to Tony. This ties-in with the Infinity War prelude comic where Wong gives the history of the Stones to Doctor Strange. It’s also here that Banner learns that the Avengers boy band broke up, and that Vision is off the grid and only Steve knows where to find him.
- Stan Lee’s cameo is part of the overall New York sequence, but I won’t spoil what it is here.
- When Stark gets in the ship, he calls Pepper and tells her that he won’t be back for a while. It’s not known if she has more scenes in Infinity War or if the interview in the Behind the Scenes footage was from the Avengers 4 filming.
- After Stark, Peter, and Strange leave on the alien ship, Banner uses the flip phone to make a call.
Thor & Guardians Scene:
- As people have theorized, this is where the Gamora speech about Thanos in the second trailer comes from. She’s telling Thor and the Guardians his history (not talking to Tony Stark).
- Thor talks a little about the events of Ragnarok and Hela, and tells the Guardians about Thanos attacking the Asgardians and getting the Tesseract.
- As described before, they talk about going to Knowhere to get the Power Stone from the Collector, but what wasn’t in the previous description is Thor talks about Nidavellir where weapons can be made to defeat Thanos.
- Obviously this is the scene where Star-Lord imitates Thor’s speech like in the most recent TV spot, and they debate about splitting up the crew. One group going to Knowhere and the other with Thor to forge a new weapon. Peter doesn’t want to break up the Milano, but Rocket puts his foot down and they decide to go their separate ways. Rocket and Groot go with Thor to Nidavellir while the others head to Knowhere to see the Collector.
Again none of that is very spoilery, and both scenes basically set up the events of Infinity War without giving away too much about what’s going to happen. It sets two groups of heroes on their path to confronting Thanos, which will happen two weeks from today!